View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #1
ExplorerLyon

Pre-Purchase Questions

I have been looking for a 1999-2004 Boxster S the past couple weeks. This will be my first Porsche. As I have looked around, a few questions:

1. I see a lot of worn interiors (100K miles). I have had other vehicles with over 100K and the interiors still look great. Is this typical of Porsche interiors or is it a sign of abuse?

2. Most for sale in SoCal are automatic. Not may manuals. I think I want a manual but curious why so few manuals for sale and potential resale value. Is the automatic really that much more popular?

3. Will I notice the difference between Boxster and Boxster S? I will not track the car. Just spirited driving around town, to work, etc.

4. One Boxster I looked at, the top did not close all the way. Upon opening, it was slow for the first couple inches, then normal speed to open. Closing, it stopped short of the windshield top. I had to manually force the top closed further to engage latch. How big of a deal is this and how easy to fix? Adjustment or indication of worn parts?
ExplorerLyon is offline   Reply With Quote