View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 04:10 AM   #49
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
Is this issue specific to the 2003? I don't seem to have this problem on the 2004. I guess you have to remove the interior liner to view the tabs. Mine seem to be flat and smooth. I'm curious what the difference is.
You don't have to remove the headliner to see the tabs. All you have to do is take your hand and pull it away from the roof fabric, and look in between. You'll then see it. I don't think it's only a problem specific to the 03, as the 04 top is the same. Also, there's someone with an 04 top that I know has the same problem. Mine also didn't exhibit this problem for the first several years I had it. It only recently came up as a problem about a year ago. I think over time, the location of the roof mechanism shifts a little so that the frame folds in a way that when fully down, allows the tabs to press hard against the fabric. The longer you keep the top down, the more pronounced the bumps are after you put the top up.

If you're not seeing the problem yet, then don't do anything, I say. Once you start seeing the bumps, then you know what you can do.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote