View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 11:26 AM   #7
MNBoxster

Hi,

Hey, I'm not slammin' Blink and am happy that he had a positive experience.

What I am saying is that this should be the norm, not the exception. But, if we issue unwarranted praise for a Vendor simply doing what should be normal, then where is the incentive to reach for greater heights? By settling for normal or sub-par performance, we take away the incentive for those who hope to increase their business by providing better service - if we patronize those who don't, then we're sending the message to these Vendors that it doesn't matter what you do, that improving the Customer Experience (with all it's increased cost, attention, and effort) doesn't pay off.

One of the first Hotel Chains in the world was started by a guy named Conrad Statler (several of his hotels have since changed hands, but still retain the Statler name). Anyway, in each of his hotel lobbies, Statler had a small plaque which read: "Life is Service, those who succeed, give their fellow man a little better service..."

I think if we believe this, it is up to us to expect this of a Vendor and not to succumb to expediency or indifference. But, as I said, - just my humble $0.02...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote