View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:05 AM   #510
BoxsterLS376

Greetings everyone,

Finally got off my ass made made an update video! Covers some of the things I have done to the car in the last few months as well as more information on wiring which everyone seems to have questions about.

Here are a few things which have been done since my last updates...

Black Sport Seats! Got rid of the worn our regular grey ones finally!

Replaced Porsche Wiring harness - Nothing cut, just rearranged!

Flashing coolant light on dash - FIXED!

Air Conditioning - INSTALLED AND WORKING!

Oil Cooler - FOUND ROOM FOR IT!!! w00T w00T!! It now lives behind the drivers side rear tire where the muffler should be~

Exhaust changes - I remade the down pipes into 2 pieces so now I have about a 6 inch section of pipe bolted to the factory manifold that has the Oxygen sensor on it and a V-Band clamp on the bottom to make removing the downpipes easier - Nice thing is that you can get the entire exhaust system off in like 10 minutes.

More exhaust - No more mufflers, no more straight pipes! I have now installed a pair of 2.5" resonators which gives it a very nice crisp tuned sound - still plenty loud though! Skip to the end of the video if you want to hear it

*** WIRING INFORMATION ***

I explained this in my video, but for the record... This is how my car is currently set up.

The Porsche ECU and the GM ECU run in conjunction with one another to make everything function properly - All Factory Hardware - no aftermarket harnesses etc.

GM Crate motor wiring harness - AKA the "ENGINE CONTROLLER KIT" GM Part #19354330

Get the installation guide for this and it will explain everything you have to do in order to get the Chevy motor working properly in the car from wiring to MAF and O2 sensor setup etc. Can't seem to find a link to it at the moment but will post it when I do.

PORSCHE HARNESS - WHAT DO I NEED?!?!

Keep all ground wires
Coolant Temperature Sensor Wires - Older models i.e.. 2000 have a 4 pin coolant sensor while later ones have only 2 pins. Either one will work with a bit of effort.
Starter wires - 2 -Power and exciter wire
A/C Compressor wire - You'll need this if you ever want to run A/C!
Transmission speedometer wire - 2 pin connector, longest wire in the harness - Makes the speedo work.
Engine compartment temperature sensor - didn't have this running before but can't hurt right!
Engine Compartment cooling fan wires - Figure I'll try and get everything working properly!

**THATS IT**
Everything else can be cut out or stashed off to the side!

**TACHOMETER**
BUY TACH-ADAPT!!! This will make your life much easier. TRUST ME.
TACH-ADAPT

That about cover things for now...WAIT.

OK so I last thing, If I can get enough interest and possibly and Guinea Pig I was thinking of doing a "BUDGET BOXSTER V8" build... Making the mounts myself and trying to figure out a cheap was to get an LS motor in these cars without breaking the budget. Just a thought for now but if you are thinking of doing a swap get in touch and maybe we can work something out.

One last thing before the video - Please do me a favor and help me out a bit. Trying to decide what to do with the rest of my life and may finally have an opportunity to start my own business If you have enjoyed my videos then please LIKE/SHARE/SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube Channel and I will keep you all posted as to what I'm doing!!

https://youtu.be/7VBXhLaYac8

THANKS!!!
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote