Thread: She's home!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #10
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
. . . Bore scoring prevention requires some rather abnormal tricks- not just your admirable pampering. . .
Hi again Gel, Thanks again for your recommendations, but I do not appreciate what appears to be your patronizing tone in this followup message. I am approaching 62 years in age and have been involved in racing and wrenching motorsports since I was thirteen.

I have owned 6 other Porsches in my lifetime and I managed not to destroy any of them. I am not in awe of my $15,500 986, and I do not 'admirably pamper' it. In fact, I drive the living cr@p out of it. It is an automobile and I know how to care for it. I take care of it, it takes care of me. Nothing more, nothing less.

My OP was just a lighthearted post to say my 986 finally had its place along with my other well regarded, well cared for toys. Anyway, just wanted to get that straight and tell you that I'm looking forward to our continuing interactions in the forum.

Best Regards, Fred
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 04-27-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote