View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 04:57 PM   #31
particlewave
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelbster View Post
Mr. Particleweave,
I agree about the ROW reflash cost for an SAI solution. The ROW reflash includes several other features(see ECU Doctors for details) but they are not useful to me. I just want to pass Smog so I can be 'legal' and get a sticker.
Your brilliant wiring modification seems excellent .One advantage is that since it is triggered by an existing relay ,it is easily reversible if some new Smog Law detects the hack.
If you would like a guinea pig to volunteer to use your modification and report back - please PM me .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroked & Blown View Post
Particle wave - I am interested in buying something like this if you produce it.
I'm going to go ahead and order the components to make 5-10, but I want to run this one on my car for a good 3-4 weeks to give it a good shakedown and address any bugs that might pop up. I'll try to drive everyday so it cycles the SAI as much as possible and monitor emissions components on the Durametric.

If everything looks good, we can go from there. Sound good?

I don't foresee any issues at all and I would think even California guys could get away with it as the system should show ready and the only time emissions would be high is at cold start. If you drive your car to the emissions check, it shouldn't trigger the SAI when they test it, but that depends on how long it sits before they get to it.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote