View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #14
BirdDog

If Woody doesn't have what I need, I always try QualityPorscheParts next and I always suggest people try them in that order when looking for good used parts at a fair price.

I picked up a rear bumper cover from them last year for $525. It was in perfect condition, in the exact color and trim I needed, came well packed, and I had it in under a week (with free freight shipping from AZ to GA).

I also picked up a set of spinlocks from them for $30 shipped.

HINT: for anyone looking for spinlocks - search for 986 convertible brackets and check to see if they have spinlocks installed. If so, you'll get the spinlocks and retaining bolts for the price of the brackets. When they arrive, pull the spinlocks and toss the brackets.

Achilles - My guess is that they had already discounted the item (many of their items are "on sale") and they hadn't changed the minimum acceptable offer price which may have been 25% less than the original listing price. I'm not sure how the "on sale" process works on ebay, but if it's automated that might explain it. As far as blocking you after asking them about it, that seems a bit extreme to me. One of the bad things about email is that the emotion behind an email may often be misinterpreted by the recipient. A simple question about something might be misconstrued as being an attack. I'd give them a call and explain that you weren't trying to be an asshat, that it just seemed like a waste of everyone's time to offer a "best offer" that was only a few $$s less than the listed price. Then ask them to unblock you. They are a great resource for used parts and it would be a shame to lock yourself out of that because of what might just be a miscommunication. When I've spoken with them on the phone they seemed very nice. Just my 2 cents (and worth as much)...