View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #19
Oldcarguy

Wow, I guess I'm one of the luckiest guys on earth. My wife lives by the motto 'Life is too short to drive boring cars'. When she saw this on windscreen of my (soon to be) 986, she knew we had a car with the right P.O. (Shout out to MarkeeeVR6).

My wife and I autocrossed and rallied together through the mid 80's and 90's, had some great rides during our 10+ yr expatriation in Europe and S.E. Asia (Renault and Alfa), and returned to the US in mid 2014 to restart where we left off, picking up her new S5 cab the day after we returned and driving it out to my sister's to pick up my new to me 2005 XKR coupe. Together we completed the Bob Bondurant 3 day HPD school and had a great 1/2 day session in Las Vegas at Exotics Racing last year (with her driving a Ferrari 430 F1 and me in a McLaren 570s - she was less than a second off my best time, slow day for me, fast day for her )

She appreciates the capabilities of our 986 and she loves the sounds the 3.2 produces. However, her verdict after her first drive was: you don't have a chance against me on anything other than dry pavement and you're not going to beat me from a standing start to 100 mph in any case unless you really punish the 986 -but- the 986 is more direct & responsive, a much better top down car and it is a hoot to drive on our Catskill roads.

Does life get any better than this??? I don't think so
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 04-22-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote