View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Crib
Crib

Garage
Self inflicted panic by stupidity

Hi,

A few weeks ago I was going on a snowboard trip to the northern parts of Sweden. As I had an early flight i decided to pack the night before.

My snowboard is stowed on a structure in my garage ceiling, normally used to store a car roofbox. Underneath it stands my Boxster, which i uncovered and prepared for the season the weekend before.

I'm really tired after a hectic day at work and i figure that I cannot be arsed to move the car since i first would need to move another car parked outside of the garage and so on, so i put a small stepladder next to the Boxster and lean carefully over it and wiggle the snowboard out of the storage.

During the procedure my brain tells me it all really is a terrible idea and i struggle and focus 120% on being really careful.

I manage to get the board out and put it standing along the garage wall and take a deep sigh of relief and ponder over being stupid and playing with fire.

While still in this thought i grab the stepladder, turn around and slam it directly into the driver side door of my poor, defenseless and innocent Boxster. The result being a 5 inch highly visible scratch in the middle of the door

I guess the whole neighborhood heard me exercise my loud curse words for a minute or two.

So I found myself in a self inflicted nightmare by total and utter stupidity and intelligence reserve blackout.

After this 1½ week passed due to the trip and back to work.

This week I bought Meguiars Ultimate Polish and a polishing pad for my screwdriver and went to work -> The scratch is 100% gone! :dance:

Thank god for miracle products that can save an idiots ass!

TLDR: If you get a scratch that haven't gone too deep, I can recommend Meguiars Ultimate Polish together with a machine driven polishing pad.

Last edited by Crib; 04-21-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Crib is offline   Reply With Quote