View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
CdnRD

I know your feeling exactly. I too recently turned 50 and got a 2001 Boxster S as a birthday present for myself (with my wife's encouragement). I had wanted a Porsche sports car since I was a teenager and have been buying Porsche magazines every month since the mid-eighties. I loved the Boxster when it came out and even more so when the S was released. I put off getting one year after year as there was always a reason not to buy one - we don't have the money, we have to look after the kids first, it's a lot of money for something frivolous, I'll look like a tool driving it, what will my neighbours and co-workers think - and many more.

There is one very good reason for you to go for it - joy. You will enjoy owning and driving it. It will frustrate you sometimes and it may cost you some dollars now and down the road, but in the end you have earned the right to own something just for the fun of it.

When I first got my car I kind of hid it from acquaintances and co-workers. I don't any more because frankly it's not a Bentley, it's a little sports car. I'm sure some have said behind my back that it's a mid-life crisis car and maybe they're right. I don't care - I just drive the car and enjoy it.
CdnRD is offline   Reply With Quote