View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 01:36 PM   #14
truegearhead

UPDATE (3 days until VIR): The member who sold me the coilovers agreed to pay for the replacement springs! Awesome guy, you've got to love this community. KW proved not be much help and couldn't give me spring rates, or spring lengths but I took a guess and ordered a set of Swift springs from Tarret. They're rushing me out two that'll be here by Thursday evening, this is getting tight. I also just got a call from the cage shop that is having a problem with fuel lines that close to weld points so I'm stopping in there tomorrow to try and find a solution. With any luck this will all come together, looks like I'll be changing springs and aligning he car at the track Friday night.

I do have one new wrinkle I'll have to work out, I normally run on slicks and have some autocross 200 tread wear street tires with but they're a little low. It's supposed to dump rain Sunday so oddly...I might bring wheels with winter tires on them. I'm heard their soft compound and deep tread actually work well at speed in standing water. Seems crazy but I might give it a shot of it gets bad. Here's an interesting Road and Track article I'm drawing the idea from.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/videos/amp5604/winter-tires-track-tested/

Last edited by truegearhead; 04-18-2017 at 01:41 PM.
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote