View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
NewArt
Artist, 986S tinkerer

Geezers with a wrench

I was just talking to my older brother today. I see him maybe once a year and talk to him maybe 4 times anually otherwise.
As often happens, we ended up chatting about cars. Our lives are worlds apart. I spent years in university, never had a regular job but created business deals and did pretty well, while he never finished high school, worked at Ford for 30 years and did pretty well for himself and his family. My interest in cars and my ability in mechanics comes at least in part, from him. When I bought my first Porsche, 4 years ago, I wasted no time in digging into it, dropped the motor, replaced the chains and ramps, fabricated my own cam timing tools, and all. My brother, on the other hand, rebuilt his '47 Mercury, welded in panels, replaced motor, transmission, added power steering and brakes, and a lot of other stuff. I am in awe!
I asked him what will he do when he finishes his paint job (the last step). He says, "Oh, I'll sell it and look for a mid sixties convertible"
Well, he's getting closer to my field!
Sometimes I think it would be nice to work on a mid sixties car. It's like a walk-in closet! So much room!
Any of you older wrenchers relate to this?
YouTube channel: the PORSCHE as seen by NewArt
www.youtube.com/channel/UCohdrH2xHTklM1thxk0KKOQ?
NewArt is offline   Reply With Quote