View Single Post
Old 07-27-2006, 04:47 AM   #4
g_arrington

Thanks MNBoxster & Bruce Lee....please keep the advice coming...

I must also add that they are not sure what the exact nature of the problem is. They said it was probably their fault because that had replaced a hose (I believe it was a hose) and that was probably the culprit. This was before they had hooked the car up to the diagnosis machine. Then they said, well no it was the RPM sensor that failed, which isn't our fault. But I guess what I have floating around in my mind is that I wouldn't think an RPM sensor would make the hiss I heard and that was the precise moment the car died.

In re: Jim's comments, the only sensor that they had replaced prior to being DOA on the side of the road was the MAF. It was after the car died and was towed back that they said the diagnostic machine is saying RPM sensor.

Also, they said that they aren't sure the extent of the problems or what exactly the culprit is because they have to replace the RPM sensor to even start to see what the problems are because w/o the sensor, the car won't start.

I hope that this message clarifies my situation somewhat. The quote on the RPM sensor, which I told them to order & replace (after all, what else can I do) wasn't that much, like $300 parts and labor, but the biggest thing is a $500 tow bill that someones got to pay, hopefully them.

Again, thanks for your help.

Doug
g_arrington is offline   Reply With Quote