View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 06:59 AM   #7
Syracuse986

Ok everyone I fixed this issue, thank you to all that replied. Here's what I did to fix it.

1. Raise the front end up onto stands and take off the plastic panel beneath the car that's closest to the front bumper (there four bolts and 6 clips that undo with a flat head)
2. If your rubber grommet fell through the hole most likely it will be falling out when you disconnect underside plastic. (If you've driven with the grommet pushed through, most likely you have lost it on the road and you'll need to re-order)
3. Once you've retreaved or ordered a new grommet that connects to the pipe that runs out to your wheel well (for drainage) take a fishing line and fish it down from where the grommet originally sat, down to the ground. If you look up from where you removed the under panel (below the car) you will see the hole where the grommet is supposed to sit. The fishing line should come through we're you're looking up at the hole.
4. Wrap the fishing line around the rubber grommets head, it should be at the highest point under the lip that will sit in place once in position.
5. Go back to where you dropped the fishing line and pull the rubber grommet up to the hole where is sits and spray some wd40 on the hole and grommet to help pull it through. If you're gentle enough it should pull right through and rest perfecty.
6. Now it's time to re connect the tube running from the wheel well (remove tire to see)
7. Look back up through the underbody and use your arm to reach into the wheel well to move the tube around into position to push it into the bottom of the grommet. You will be watching from below as you menover it into position.

Hopefully this helps! If anyone is in this position who needs advice please feel free to email me erichaycook@gmail.com

Syracuse986 is offline   Reply With Quote