View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 07:25 PM   #10
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbonilla View Post
. . . On a related question, in a conversation with LN I learned that I should have had a sticker applied attesting to the install having been performed. It's nowhere on my car. What should I ask of my installer? Would you view this as a concern?. . .
My LN sticker is on the drivers door. LN sends a sticker set to the installer along with the IMSB. One of the stickers is returned to LN with the install info and the other is placed on the car.

Prior to purchase, I confirmed with LN that my PO had a LN single row classic installed on my 2004 986 in 2016 per the LN serial number on my door sticker (I also have the shop invoice - $799 for the classic IMSB). Many shops that don't want to spend the money for the faultless tool opt to install the LN ceramic single row. I'm perfectly comfortable with the fact that I have the classic single row. If I decide to keep the 986 for the long term, I'll probably have 'the solution' installed at the next clutch change, but I'm not worried about the longevity of the classic single row in the least. I knew of the LN 'pro' and 'classic' offerings due to my research prior to purchase. The only reason I will go with the 'solution' the next time around (if I still have the car in 4 years) is because it is a 550 Anniversary Edition in excellent condition.

I would definitely demand proof of install and the LN serial number from your installer. It's SOP to supply this info to the client after the install and IMHO it is suspect that your car does not have the sticker w/serial number.

Your situation appears to stem from a lack of information / feedback / guidance provided to you by your installer rather than any misdirection by LN. LN is very clear in their literature regarding the Classic vs Pro (or at least they were when I did my research in Jan 2017).
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 04-12-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote