View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #9
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck W. View Post
When I was shopping for my 18 inch Carrera Light wheels I set up a Craigslist Boolmark for them. It took several months but a set popped up and I grabbed them.
I did the same but included eBay in my search. Patience is the key in finding a good set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
Mine are pretty dismal, it looks like the previous owner used some very strong cleaner and it did a number on my calipers and wheels. I have been giving thought to having my wheels powdercoated as close to the factory silver as can be accomplished....this or a good sanding and paint.

Anyone done powdercoating to match the factory color ?

Or would it be cheaper to find a set of 18 inch used in really good condition ??
When you find a used set, make sure they are true. The best way is on a wheel balencer. I had one eBay seller spin them up and send me the video. To his surprise, one wheel was way out of true. Another set from a reputable eBay seller sent me what looked like a great set, but when I took them to Discount Tire, two of the four were bad. The seller paid for return shipping. This is just a reminder that you want to be careful, and patient. It took me about eight months before I found an excellent set for way below market value.
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote