View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 02:54 AM   #1
Nevergrowup

Nevergrowup's 986

Greetings from Norway! I haven't posted much here since buying my base tip last fall, so it's time for an introduction.

I'm a 46 yo father of four, oldest son is soon 19 and the youngest son is soon 3, so there's quite the variety.

My first Porsche was a 1986 944NA:

After a few years, and a divorce, I managed to trade this to a 1981 911 SC, which had always been my dream. This one right here:

In fact, I never thought I'd part with it, and was so enamoured with it that I made this tribute movie about it.

https://youtu.be/X_UHIqUlC9k

I was overwhelmed by the response, and even had PCA share it on their FB page all the first weekend!

OK, enough of this own horn tooting!

I loved that 911 very much, but found myself growing a bit... bored with it. And the appreciating value made me weary of over using it, and I wanted something I could modify more, without diminishing its value, so I began thinking. My oldest son was getting his licence, and needed a car so we got him a NA Miata, and it was a hoot to drive! So, naturally I began thinking about a Boxster.

So, I sold the 911 which gave me a nice profit, and I bought this black 986 tip with replica Cayman S wheels and a nice hardtop. I was going to use this pretty much all year round, and my wife deseved something fun to drive too, and she often drives in heavy trafffic, so this fit the bill perfectly.

Here it is, a little bland, as it sat the day I picked it up:

OK, modifications and more pics to come!
Nevergrowup is offline   Reply With Quote