Thread: "Help"
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 01:13 AM   #1
Hunter15426

"Help"

Hi Guys,

I have a boxter 986 2002/2.7 tiptronic, for a while now I have a situation that when you start car it goes up to normal temp then cuts out. you have to wait until temp is back to zero temp before start again and this is stationery when driving will stop sooner once up to normal temp. checked on computer no faults showing. when first started happening would crank no start then start and you could travel 100 mile say stop car and ity may not start for ten minutes but you could do another long journey. but now 10 minutes max ? changed plugs, checked all connections appear to be ok. fuel pump sounds ok, tried running car with maff sensor out still cut out. 2 concerns i have 2 duff remote keys that dont open vehicle remotely but manual yes, but surely would not let me start car at all ? what about a new crank position sensor ? I have one to fit. finally the car will start when cold but cuts out when hit normal temp. I am not really motor minded and would value any ideas not tried cheers guys..
Hunter15426 is offline   Reply With Quote