View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #11
Most_Wanted
ISSIMI

Hey guys,

First off i got this 986 from a dealer auction. California car. Odometer is currently at 100,130 miles & correlates correctly with the dates/last service history. Carfax shows nothing on a engine replacement. Contacted 2 Porsche dealers from the service history. One dealer mentioned a leaking headgasket at around 60k miles. I assume the engine was replaced at around this time. I managed to get a hold of the original owner(1 owner car is always a plus) & had a brief talk but caught her at a bad time. Patiently waiting & hoping for her return call.

So i can assume 70k miles total. I preferred the MY2000 for a higher chance of a dual row IMS. The replacement engine possibly being a 01+ concerns me now. Will still upgrade IMS regardless w/ clutch job near future. I need the peace of mine. Always been a paranoid car owner.

So far it's been a joy. Everything has held up well. Engine pulls smoothly, very quiet at low revs but above 4K that porsche flat six note is amazing. Steering is crisp with plenty of feedback, suspension is firm but dampens comfortably over road surface irregularities. Great cars.

Last edited by Most_Wanted; 04-07-2017 at 05:10 AM.
Most_Wanted is offline   Reply With Quote