View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 08:00 PM   #1
Chuck W.

Had the Boxster Roll Bar Powder Coated in Guard Red

I have considered doing this for years and always put it off for one reason or another. My brother was in town last month so I had him assist me (or more accurately I assisted him) in removing the roll bar. It was pretty easy getting the roll bar out. Just twelve bolts; six on each side. But, getting to them was a chore because the soft top had to come out. Doing it for the first time it took some time. I took it to a place in Los Angeles that had done some work for me in the past. They charged me $350 to powder coat the roll bar. All in all, I am pleased and glad I did it.

At the same time I did this I added the leather pieces I bought from Qmulus. Those included the leather roll bar covers. I also changed the clips on the wind defector and bought new mounting fasteners for the wind deflector. I (read my brother) had to drill out the old side fastener's rivets prior to having it powder coated so it made sense to put new ones on. The new pieces came with their own rivets so I picked up a rivet gun for $4.00 at Harbor Freight. Very easy!

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD

Last edited by Chuck W.; 04-07-2017 at 04:53 AM.
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote