Thread: tire help
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 03:46 AM   #1
benjamminfla

tire help

Short story: I need two front tires for my 2000 Box base (I believe stock wheels), what tires do you guys recommend?

Pics for fun:
Clay bar took this off-overspray?

Long story: when I bought my Boxster in February, it came with new rears and a spare set of new rears, though they are all knock-off brand tires.

I quickly looked at the fronts before I bought it, just checking that they weren't completely bare, so that I could drive home safely (4.5 hour trip), and they checked out (or so I thought).

I'd only driven the car in nice, dry weather since then, doing a few maintenance items and getting used to the car. Fast forward to two Saturdays ago-on our way home from a Euro car show (where ours was the only Boxster out of 500 European rides, and got a lot of looks and conversation), the drivers side front drop link broke on our street. So I checked the passenger side front as well and who would have known, it was the driver side part installed (backwards)! So I ordered new ones and got them on (boy does the car feel better!).

BUT I also noticed while I was down there that the inside half of both front tires was 100% smooth, while the outsides of both had plenty of tread. So my plan is to get new front tires, have all 4 balanced and get an alignment done-but I want to know what (front) tires recommendations you all have.

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by benjamminfla; 04-04-2017 at 04:06 AM.
benjamminfla is offline   Reply With Quote