View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #6
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gaukler
Does your OBDII reader have a software that lets you monitor things in real time? I don't have a good idea what may be wrong in your case, but you might be able to confirm that for example your e-gas controlled throttle opens up wide enough to go above 2000rpm. Also, you could monitor your O2 sensors and the MAF air flow rate right when you try to go above 2000rpm - maybe that would give you a hint at what's wrong.

Hope you find it!

Gary
It does record real time stats. I was watching it yesterday when I first started it before I cleared the codes. When it is running poorly, the throttle position reads 5.19% at idle and when the pedal is all the way down. The MAF rate is flat in all positions too, never changes.

After this, I was thinking there may be a problem with the throttle position sensor, but since it's E-gas, I think that is built in to the throttle body that I just replaced, but I'm not sure about that. In the Bentley manual they don't really cover the E-gas very much. I will have to pull up my PET program at home and see what's in there.

Any other suggestions out there?

TIA!!
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote