View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 04:54 PM   #8
BoxsterLS376

Not a fake spyder, in particular they note the aluminum doors etc... take a look around... That thing was a track rat, rode hard and put up wet as they say. I guarantee that thing did a loop-de-loop and hit a wall pretty hard at the track. Lots of upgraded suspension components, ultralight wheels with slicks, pretty sure that is a GT3 Cup car sitting in front of it in the pictures... all tell tale sign of "this was not a street car".

Not to say it is not a deal but I would reckon it needs $5K++ to put it right and probably more then that to do it properly, yet along put it back to stock if that is what you want acquiring wheels, correct suspension pieces etc.

Edit to add that I would also argue that LA dismantlers didn't pull anything off that wasn't broken, and more then likely pulled some of the common bits out of their stash to make the damage seem not quite as bad. Wouldn't doubt they had some body and paint work done, after all they do seem to have a new bumper for it... I would suspect missing bits unique to the Spyder in the suspect areas are missing because they don;t have anything on the shelf to replace them with.

I could be wrong though.
$.02
J

Last edited by BoxsterLS376; 03-27-2017 at 05:00 PM.
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote