View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #6
BoxsterLS376

Thanks guys,

So yes noise is a big factor lately but probably more of a "reason" then anything. Mostly because unless i'm driving like an a$$ I rarely get the brakes warm enough to keep them quiet. I could probably find some less aggressive pads that are less noisy but really like having the extra braking power the Hawks give me.

I've looked into some of the larger diameter kits and they are pretty pricey. Cayenne caliper upgrade is an interesting option but not inexpensive either, plus those calipers are pretty big and heavy so I figured I would try the PCCBs. Go big or go home right?

I assume i'll be able to make it all fit but since this is somewhat of an experiment I don't want to spend to much. Luckily I was able to score a set of worn out PCCB rotors from a 996 turbo for $400 so that is a big part of the costs done so if I can find some PCCB calipers i'll be set. Of course i'm not going to try and use the worn out rotors, just test with them and i'll keep my eyes open for a deal on a good set then turn the worn out ones into clocks and sell them

If anyone has a lead on some PCCB calipers let me know!
Thanks!
J
BoxsterLS376 is offline   Reply With Quote