View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #39
BFeller

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Carfahrer View Post
Yeah, I had to do some talking to get him to even do it as I did not get it from him.

As a side note, I had a cool experience while there to have the immobilizer programmed that I thought you all might appreciate. A 918 sat two bays down from where we were working on my car and I got to take a nice look at it after my car was done and out and I was able to talk to another service manager and technician about it. The manager told me it had already changed hands twice in its short life. The original “owner” never took delivery of it as he sold his purchase place with Porsche to another for a cool $200k above his deposit. The second owner took delivery of it but never drove it when he sold it to a woman who ‘just had to have it as a surprise’ for her husband’s birthday. The second owner supposedly profited another $200k on this transaction. The car was absolutely stunning in its options. It was very humorous to me to have my ‘ball of yarn and bellybutton lint’ priced Boxster S next to the 918. Quite opposite ends of the price/performance spectrum though both carry the Porsche legacy.
P.S. - The thought of somebody who can buy a spouse a $1.4 million car as a surprise birthday gift blew my mind.
I Live about two miles from Rhodes Scholars in NC. They host a monthly cars an coffee. It is a wonderful place to see vehicles like that one.