View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 08:55 PM   #37
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Carfahrer View Post
The car is now on jack stands in the garage and wheels, brake calipers, rotors, and brake lines from the unibody connections to calipers have been removed. Rotors went to O’reillys this evening for turning as they are the only place I know that will turn drilled rotors. The guy turning the rotors felt bad that he took so long doing them that he charged me $15 to turn them. They now look pretty good.

Pads, caliper seals and o-rings, and stainless braided brake lines have been ordered from Zeckhausen. LN spin on filter adapter has been sourced and 160 degree thermostat and water pump have been ordered. When I took the tires off, I saw some oil leak witness from the coil packs so I probably have some cracked spark plug tubes or leaking o-rings so I also ordered plug tubes, o-rings, and plugs from Vertex.

Diiiirtyyy.

Washed and polished wheels.

The calipers are very faded and look more pink than red so I also bought VHT brake primer, paint, and clear and ordered Ebay Porsche brake stickers to refurbish them.

Phew. This is fun!
Those rims look incredible, definitely my favorite! I did the same with my calipers, VHT and eBay lettering. They still look great several years later
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote