View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 07:54 PM   #262
itsnotanova

I got some new wheels for my boxster. They came on a wrecked boxster I just picked up. Oh the joy of owning your own candy store. The tires need replacing but the wheels themselves are in great shape. I was a little disappointed to see that they're Chinese made Victor wheels but I think they'll be fine for street driving. I'm hoping to start DE'ing soon and will use the stock wheels I previously had on my car for that. These new 18 inch Victor wheels were actually quite a bit lighter than the stock 17's I took off. I'm not so sure that's a good thing with these wheels though. Good for the street but probably scary for the track.

On that note about lighter is better. I switched to a Miata battery and saved 20 lbs. I've heard of people using the Miata battery and liking it. I don't have a stereo and rarely drive at night so I think I'll be ok.

I also started the process of putting an accusump in my car. A lot of spec guys are taking them out and almost giving them away. I got what you see in the pic for $100 but I could have only paid the guy for shipping because that's all he really wanted. I felt I had to give him something more than $20.