View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 03:06 AM   #3
rah rah 986
1998 Boxster

Paul, thanks for posting that link. I have read it many times and have found it to be the single most concise, useful, informative, easy to understand tutorial on setting timing that I have found. However, insite's write-up is timing an assembled engine. I am in the process of installing the cams into the engine and am asking specifically what the relationship is between the indexing notch on the bank two came relative to the indexing notch on the bank 1 cam. Insite's write-up perfectly shows the position of the notch for bank 1 in both tdc compression as well as tdc exhaust, but does not show the corresponding position of the notch for the bank 2 cam.

I've since learned from another poster on another forum that when properly timed, the notches from both banks will either both be pointing in, or both be pointing out...meaning, if the bank 1 notch is pointing out when the engine is at tdc compression for cylinder #1, then the notch on the cam for bank 2 will also be pointing out (away from the engine).

Can anyone concur?
rah rah 986 is offline   Reply With Quote