View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 05:56 AM   #4
Coldbourne

Thanks for the replies.
From what I understand, leaving the key in the ignition for over two minutes will trigger the alarm immobilizer. I may be incorrect, but it is what I have read on the forums. Yes, the clutch is completely engaged, but good call. I have had the floor mat block it before and it would not start till I moved it.

The car locks, unlocks, all electronics are working. etc..
I found the security wire for the old radio, I am assuming I need to either disable it or run a loop-back on it so that it does not think the radio is stolen.

If it turns out not to be the immobilizer, I am assuming that there is a chance one of the fuses blew during the install. But I would like to rule out the immobilizer, if it is an easy fix, before I start troubleshooting the electrical system. Despite what the manual says about simply inserting the key back to 0 and trying to crank again, from what I am reading there sometimes needs to be a series of actions to unlock the immobilizer (i.e. all the windows up, top up, unlock the car with the remote, lock the car, unlock again, and then it unlocks).

I bought a Pioneer MVH-X580BS, but sadly no, still working on the issue.

Last edited by Coldbourne; 03-23-2017 at 05:57 AM. Reason: addition
Coldbourne is offline   Reply With Quote