View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
911monty

Garage
My apologies for the late reply. First question, did you torque the bolt to 74 lb/ft with the suspension loaded? There should be no need for locktite, this is the normal camber adjustment point. As far as the bolt being seized in the bushing tube this is a problem with camber adjustment but shouldn't cause the bolt to loosen. Reason being, the tube thru the bushing is "crushed" between the frame attachment points and does not move once properly torqued, therefore should transfer no rotational force to the bolt. The bushing allows control arm movement as the wheel travels up and down.
So all that being said, this is what I'd do. But the boilerplate legalize requires me to inform you if you do the following you may die.
So jack the car up. place on jack stands. Remove the wheel. Mark the eccentric so you can return if necessary. Loosen the adjustment nut. Do not remove nut just good and loose. Now turn the head of the eccentric to see if the bolt is truly seized. If it is you may also see the mark you made change as you loosen. Now load the suspension, if the bolt is free return your marks, if stuck leave where it is and torque the nut. Put tire back on and test drive. Now go get the car aligned.
Good Luck and hope the bolt is not seized, the bolt needs to be able to rotate freely within the tube so no preload is put into the bushing when adjusting camber.

Last edited by 911monty; 03-22-2017 at 08:59 AM.
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote