View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #20
BruceH

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNW View Post
What a great story! I'm in process of building a similar memory.

I bought an 02 Boxster S seven years ago from a dealership south of Seattle. The car was a low-miles blue/grey in excellent condition. I loved it and drove it gently for two years with complete satisfaction. We bonded, and it was the best car experience I'd ever had. Then life took a hard left turn and I had no choice but to sell it.

Worst decision of my life. I immediately regretted selling it, and kicked myself for not finding another solution to the life issues. Life straightened out, and I've been trying to get back to owning a Boxster since, but never quite found the right car. The last fruitless search was just about three weeks ago.

I think Life has a way of rewarding us sometimes: The good friend of mine at the dealership who bought the car from me texted me a picture of a blue/grey S a week ago, with two words: "Guess what?" I flipped out, and texted back, "Mine?" He said, "Yes. And yes, it's on my lot." I couldn't get there fast enough!

Long story short, the car was as in as great condition as when I sold it, maybe even better. The couple who bought it took great care of it, and only put 6K miles on it. A deal was struck, paperwork signed, and I drove my baby home yesterday. It's been pouring rain here, so I haven't even had a chance to drive it yet, but I've gone to the garage a dozen times to make sure it's really sitting there.

It is. And I can't wipe this huge smile off my face.

Dave

Great first post, and a even a picture! Great looking wheels and paint
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote