View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:13 PM   #22
P_Carfahrer
Pathological Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I'd recommend taking the carpet out and letting it air dry out of direct sunlight for a week. That's the only way I've had luck drying carpet out.

Check your drain holes also because 90% of all flood damaged boxsters are caused by clogged drain holes or a hole in the top/window.

I have pulled the seats and have wedged ice cream buckets under the carpet where the hole under the seats are. I have also pried the carpet on the firewall back and have now my wife's and two daughters' hair dryers blowing under it all. It is getting much better. I am happy with it as I can tell it is getting better but my wife is not pleased.

As far as the source of the water damage, the back drains were clogged with debris, leaves, etc., and I also found the glass back window had come unlaminated from the convertible top in a three inch long section on the bottom edge of the window. I pulled the engine cover carpet and it was also wet and the foam storing a ton of water. It is now drying in my house.

I re-siliconed the window/top bottom edge and have it clamped together to fix the window leak and have cleaned out the drains.

I am confident I have the water entry issues taken care of.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote