View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 02:45 AM   #11
Giller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLAB View Post
Thank you for the response Mike.

In regards to your questions:

-On the father side, it is not an issue. The car was given to me, and its a do as you must type of deal.
-In regards to environment, weather and parking are not issues.
-Lastly, I love the car and the way it feels, and would own another one in a heart beat in a few years. However, I do not want to make a mistake in keeping a car that is not practical financially at this point. I am able to afford the immediate repairs and shipping if I keep it (including insurance). Not sure if this car will be a greater money hole keeping or more risky than buying another poorly documented car.
-I have examined car posts in my future city, and it would seem the smart choices would be a toyota or honda that is more reliable if I sell the car. However they also have 120000+ milages, with a shady repair history, and I would need to pay taxes etc.

@everyone: Taking this together, I digress, I do not know more anything more than "what needs to be repaired" and hope the 986 community may continue to impart some wisdom of the sustainability of the car at its current condition from previous experience they may have or witnessed. It would seem to me in either case its a gamble but would love to continue to hear the communities views. Obv I wont hold anyone to anything they say down the line as I greatly appreciate the input.
You've been spoiled by the driving you get in a Porsche....moving to a Honda or Toyota is going to be tough. They are not fun cars to drive. Yes, very safe, very reliable...but not fun. That has to factor into the decision too. Life is short.