View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:11 PM   #2
AZ986S

I'd be interested in knowing what the car ends up weighing. I have an 02 S and thought about turning it into a track car, but I really like driving it top down on weekends on the open road

Also, I would think you would want to pull the trans and inspect clutch, flywheel and upgrade the IMS bearing and RMS. For a nice bump in power, I would say plenum and throttle body upgrade as well as ECU race tune. For the emissions, high flow cat headers, but expensive. I would want an underdrive pulley or you should add a power steering cooler 160 deg thermostat. 17 in tires/wheels are much cheaper and more options.

All done, I bet you would be at 290 BHP with a 2,400 lbs car (no BSR rollbar and no Accusump). That would be a fast car on the track!
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote