View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #1
P_Carfahrer
Pathological Tinkerer

Boxster Resurrection: 2001 Boxster S back from the Dead

This being my first post to the forum, I want to say this is a great community of Porsche enthusiasts with an amazing amount of collective knowledge in which all of us can share.

That said, I recently purchased a 2001 Boxster S as a project car at an insurance auction and wanted to share the journey of bringing it back from the dead. It pains me to see these cars parted out when many could be repaired by someone looking for a project. I feel these cars have souls and desire to be driven as the good Dr. wished and I hope the car returns these resurrection efforts with long lasting spirited and faithful service to myself and any subsequent owner.

The car is marked as water damaged and will not start and most electrical functions do not work other than the odometer display. Rainwater is the most likely culprit as I do not see any witness of any significant water. I am sure that the immobilizer is damaged and will need replacement and I would bet my life on the drains being plugged.

I basically bought the car for a ball of yarn and some bellybutton lint so the project risk is essentially nonexistent and funds spent will be to upgrade and renew.

Video is of the car being forked at the auction yard and being loaded on the trailer.

Picture is of the car loaded on the trailer backed into my garage. Yes I have mad backing skills. My kids call me Mater.

Looking forward to the journey.

Last edited by P_Carfahrer; 03-15-2017 at 03:06 PM.
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote