View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
husker boxster

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Last weekend was the Club Race and Advanced DE at COTA. We had good weather on Fri, but it rained Sat into Sun morning. Two of my sessions were in full rain, but I did manage a top speed of 121 on the back straight in one of the rain sessions. Here are some tidbits from the weekend:

~ I was in the white run group along with 59 others. Besides the usual hoard of GT3s, GT4s, and twin turbos, there was a GT2, a GT4 Club Sport, and a McLaren. I estimate the McLaren was going 170 on the back straight.

~ During the full rain sessions, we were allowed to close our windows and use turn signals for point-bys and emergency flashers as our pit-in signal. We were told the track had plenty of grip in the rain (it did) and to stay off the paint. I got half my rt rear tire on the paint once and my dash lit up like a Christmas tree.

~ Someone from the yellow group was sent home midway thru Sat for blowing the checkered flag. Someone from each DE run group had blown the checker on Fri and we’d been warned about it in the Fri afternoon and Sat morning driver’s mtg. It should be impossible to blow a checker since there are at least 6 flags on the back half of the track. Hope the ‘victory lap’ was worth it for the person they sent packing.

~ During the 2nd session on Fri, I set a 3rd best personal time and it was only .1 off my best ever. I was hopeful that I’d set a new personal best sometime over the weekend but due to traffic and the weather I never came close again.

~ Rain sensing wipers are the bomb. They speed up or slow down depending on the conditions and don’t need manual intervention.

~ I got to meet Woody. He delivered a few parts I needed for my ’01 911 cab Wheeler Dealer car. It’s nice to be able to put a face with the siggy. The parts look brand new.

Here are my videos from the weekend. The second one is from a rain session.

2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 03-12-2017 at 07:40 PM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote