View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #16
Brucelee

Smile

All good points and thank you for sharing them.

I do recall that Lexus had some sludging issues with their inline 6 engine back in the 90s. I also recall that the replaced the impacted engines and fixed the design pretty darn quickly.

Then again, I have always been a Lexus fan.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by threpwood
Japanese is becoming more alert because of the Mitsubishi incidents, where the tires fell off WHILE driving due to design flaw. Mitsubishi Motors has been loosing revenue due to that incident. IMO Toyota's recall is the result of a chain reaction from government scrutiny.

Toyota could actually fight the investigation and bring it to court, but they decided to recall it or else they will loose customer's faith and ended up like Mitsubishi.

You will see more scrutiny from the Japanese government in the next year or so, who knows next, probably Honda and others. It can only do good to the reliability of Japanese cars and of course us as customers.

The recall above has happened due to life threatening incidents, but I don't know if RMS, air bag light, etc issue in Porches can be considered life threatening (hence no recall for those issues).

threpwood

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote