View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 12:52 PM   #9
Insuranceman

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar68 View Post
I know there have been exchanges of insurance rates in the past but I'm finding nothing newer than 2015 in previous threads. Today State Farm informed me that my 2002 Boxster S will go up to $617 every six months even on a limited 7500 miles policy. Can anyone direct me to something more competitive? I'm carrying low ($250) deductibles and have a decent driving record. .......couple of speedos but no accidents or anything else. Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

State Farm just posted a 7 billion dollar underwriting loss in their auto business. They will be taking major increases just about everywhere. If you were in MD/VA/DE my agency could help. Find an independent insurance agency in your area and they can do the work for you showing comparisons with several carriers. I have 20 carriers that I represent and no company is the best all the time. Companies like State Farm, and Farmers, etc. Only use one company so they can't compare rates for you. I have three people that work for me that spend the bulk of their day managing our book of business (our customers policies) remarketing, making recommendations to policies. We transfer business from one carrier to another if it is beneficial for the customer. State Farm is never going to tell you to move to Travelers, or another company.

Guys that are with Geico...may want to watch your rates too! They just posted had a loss after a flat year last year so it is coming. Apples to apples I can beat them 9 times out of 10.

Collector cars is a good way to insure ones that are kept in the garage and driven rarely. Hagerty has a good product and Foremost also does as well. I ran mine that way since I write for them too...but wasn't much different than it is now. But the agreed value is better if there was a loss.

By the way my rate on the 01 Boxster S is about $250/6 months with accident forgiveness and deductible rewards and that is including my umbrella premium for that car which puts my limits at 250/500 BI and 1,000,000 for the umbrella.
Insuranceman is offline   Reply With Quote