View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:14 AM   #257
itsnotanova

It's been awhile since I've done anything to the box. I've been too busy or low on funds after paying Uncle Sam. Bastard wants money for everything! He even taxes me on the tools at my shop. Well after a busy weekend I decided to get the car on the lift and trade out some parts I've been holding onto for a few months. The first is a FVD deep sump oil pan I picked up for $25. That's right, $25! A guy on CL had an add for two blown up 3.6 motors and some other stuff. I called him up and he told me he picked them out of the "junk pile" of some shop here in town. Turns out it was one the high end garage's in town. The motors came out of a cup car or something worth a lot of coin. I guess it wasn't worth their time to remove the pan?!?! Both motors had died a very explosive death as there wasn't much salvageable. One was so bad that even the heads were warped from the internal explosion. The one that had the pan was a little less damage. The ported heads looked to be still good so i gave them to a builder out of Georgia to use if he wanted to. The pan looked like it was brand new so I decided to use it on my 3.2.

The stock pan is off the 3.2 and the one on the right is the deep sump. The FVD pan sits about a half an inch lower. If you look at the following pic, you'll see that I already have ground clearance issues as my exhaust has already banged up on a few things. The right header still sits lower than the pan, but that still doesn't make me feel better. I'm thinking about making my own little skid plate for that area. I also plan on seeing if I can raise the motor a little too.