View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #16
auBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesp View Post
I did consider it but I don't understand the procedure and didn't want to cut the heater box. I did cut the heater box on a 97 Ford Explorer for a similar issue and it worked great so I can see something like that works. The top of the heater box is not easily accessible. It's under the dash, and from the frunk side, behind the firewall. Even with the dash removed its buried (see the pics below) The only time I saw the top of the heater box was when it was out of the car or from the heater core area in the frunk. A DIY on that with pics on that would be great as another option.
It isn't that hard, but yeah, without someone documenting the process, it might seem too risky to do compared to pulling the dash - I kinda thought that pulling the entire dash out is just as risky in terms of breaking / wrecking something than drilling a minor hole in the top of the heater box. I guess it depends on what you're willing to risk and what seems like more or less work.

I'll dig up some photos I took and see if I can pull together a How To so that others can compare. I'll admit there is little information on the other approach to fixing the heater flap!
auBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote