View Single Post
Old 04-14-2004, 05:20 PM   #5
mjbliemel

Yeah don't get too freaked out about what you read about problems with the Boxster. There are indeed people that have had problems with them and the incidence of engine failures on the '99s is a bit more than you would expect, but the percentage is probably not really as high as you would think. Just relax, enjoy the car and hopefully yours will be a good one. My '99 has 71,800 miles on it. I bought it with 37,250 on the odometer and have had it for two years now. Been trouble-free for me so far and it runs great! I was reading a lot of posts about engine failures and things like that when I first got it and man it really got me paranoid too. There isn't too much you can do about that, if it is going to happen to you, it just happens. Good luck and I hope it turns out to be a good car for you like mine has been for me. Four year old battery (if that is the original you have in there) is gonna go sometime. I have been wondering when mine will go, but it just keeps on going. I may just go ahead though and get a new battery though sometime soon, just to avoid sitting there one day with a dead battery.

Last edited by mjbliemel; 04-14-2004 at 05:23 PM.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote