View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #120
Nine8Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeru View Post
Saw something in the local Craigslist that reminded me of these center caps...
Pffff... mine are sooooooo much better (so so much better LOL).

Pretty much done with the adapter both in & out. You should see the mess... its even sticking to the ceiling above the machine. Cutting acetal, hmmm

Took a few more shots of the shop few days ago when I took reception of the aluminum rods! See next to my Castrol can of cutting oil/fluid. Its an alllll "very safe" shop lollll nothing can cut off your fingers, roll your torso around a lathe chuck, nor poison you with 17 mixed petroleum based chemicals. Of course not... meeting international standards ladies and gent (coughsss)

^ And yes, we are only using PCD inserts (lathe cutters) to turn our parts, incl our Porsche center caps of course. That black cutting edge is diamond my friends. The surface finishes on the aluminum + using Castrol's specials(!) is simply phenomenal. Something nearly impossible to achieve with standard HSS or carbide tools. Those in that pic aren't cheapo inserts lollll (from Japan).

^ Soon to be xfer into Porsche wheel center caps... those cutters you see above are nasty things, razor sharp btw lolll

___