View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:36 PM   #323
namooz

Smile

Hey, new to this forum. Nice place. 2002 Boxter S, 85k m. Did the Crios mod a little differently. Easily repairable if you don't like it, but it did the job. Took the 15mm hole as a guide, but rather made a long, thin rectangle that followed the tube around about 25mm by around 2mm wide (same basic opening area). A slit rather than a hole, right where the bend is starting. I was thinking less bottleneck...., maybe. It's coming out the path of least resistance a little better from the first hit. Like in the gentlemans video, you can hear the engine breathing better and free'er and free'er-gas off. I drive the car for sure, but i'm not a rever, I'm a let her warm up a bit guy.. It's beefier in idle and the above now, just a little bit, fatter. I hear the roadster sound a little, would like more, but, eh. The car runs on rails, man. I love the experience. The whole thing came about because i couldn't hear the motor at stoplights and bottomed out a few into 1st. Shi=*t. Thanks for all the posts here. I knew I had to do this and it helped after driving around new to me for around 3 weeks to get here. You can bend the inner pipe up with a standard but strong screw driver if you like for more. I did just a little. No droaning sound. Motor does run a little more fluidly, bein' a seat of the pants guy and sniffer/listener. P.S. IMS, rotors good......etc. Great forum.

Last edited by namooz; 02-19-2017 at 10:17 PM.
namooz is offline   Reply With Quote