Thread: EBC brake pads
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
AZ986S

EBC brake pads

Last month I installed 4 new Sebro slotted rotors as well as EBC yellow pads. I broke them in a performed the curing procedure per the instructions and all was good. Excellent braking feel and performance.

Went out last week on the track for an AZ PCA DE event on the East Track Wild Horse pass and ended up in group DE3. I did 5x 20 minute sessions. The car performed really well, brakes exceptionally well, but upon coming back in the pits on the last session of the day (pushed hard), the front brakes were smoking.

Today I drove the car some and found that it takes a big amount of brake pedal pressure to stop. No vibration or noise or sponginess, just lots of brake pressure.
rears look in good shape.

Here's a photo of the front right pads. Looks like they are sort of chipping off the edge. Are these pads damaged/cooked? Do I need to de-glaze them? Should I bleed the brakes?

2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote