View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:14 AM   #1
boxxster

Custom leather shift boot

Long story short I ended up with 2 of these. It is a variation of this boot sold on ebay:

BLACK STITCH FITS PORSCHE BOXTER 911 996 986 97-04 REAL LEATHER SHIFT BOOT | eBay

Unless specified when ordered, it is made from a dark grey (not black) leather with a rough grain (left sample in pic) that does not match the interior very well. I had them send me some samples:

I ended up getting the boot made from the rightmost sample, as it is a near perfect match to the OEM boot in color and texture. This ended up costing me an extra $15. Total cost if you want this boot made is $35 +$10 shipping. I will do $30 shipped anywhere in NA. Here are a couple pictures of it installed on the factory trim ring. Note that the boot you will receive will be DOUBLE STITCHED FRONT AND REAR. I ordered these two different styles and ended up wanting to keep the one with single stitching at the front. Fitment is great. No need to wrestle the leather over the trim ring like some of the other boots sold on ebay. Leather is soft and feels great. I can't comment on how it will fit some of the different OEM knobs. I bought it because I wanted to use an aftermarket knob and for that it is perfect.

boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote