View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 05:20 AM   #39
navair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdad View Post
I'm reviving this ancient thread because there's so much information here to read and I'm kind of stuck with my 986 window problem. I replaced my battery last weekend, and afterwards the driver's window is acting a tad squirrely. The window goes up and down fine, but when I shut the door from the outside the window doesn't drop quite far enough -- making contact with the top frame. As a result, the door doesn't close properly.

The window drops as it should (the drop-down feature as you open/close the door) but as I shut the door the window pops back to its home position before the door is closed. It's as if the timing is off or something. Is the a symptom of the faulty regulator? It's just odd that it all started happening when the battery was replaced. (Also, for some reason by windshield washer pump stopped working).
Sounds like the door lock or inner handle micro switch. This happened to me and it was the door lock unit. In contrast, when my regulator went out (removed I found lots of slack from wear), it wouldn't drop enough opening or closing.

All this before 80K miles