View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 02:24 AM   #8
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
EU 986 cars only have 2 catalytic converters. The headers are straight. They don't have a SAI. One idea might be to flash the ECU with a EU/ROW file. But that won't work with no cats. The ECU gets lambda signals from before and after the cats. So 2 cats and 4 lambdas.

Maybe someone can reprogram the ECU so it does work without cats. But you'll need at least 2 lambdas to run the engine management correctly. And the adaption has to be done to each engine / ECU software version specific.

Optional it might be possible to manipulate 2 of 4 lambda inputs. Lambdas seam not to be can bus controlled, which makes it simpler.

Regards, Markus
My UK car has had a single pair of 100 cell cats. I've tried the lambda spacers and they don't work long-term. I'm told you can get the secondary lambdas mapped out.
Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote