View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
RE2Master

2004 Boxster Hurley Haywood edition

Hello, fairly new to forum and bought a 2004 Hurley Haywood signature edition in Jacksonville that was serviced at Brumos its entire life before Fields bought them out. I had a new clutch put in and service tech told me that was all it needed, has an updated motor that does not have the IMS failure problem. I paid only $8,000 and put $2,500 into the clutch and it drives like new. All stock and in excellent for age condition as a daily driver with 135K miles and counting on it. Any information about the Hurley Haywood signature cars would be appreciated as all the techs from Brumos that know this care have moved on. My only question would be if I wanted to upgrade to a Boxster S 6 speed would it be worth it? I drive a lot to Tallahassee from Port Orange on the highway and noticed, on regular road driving I can get upwards of 34 MPG and on highway maybe 22 MPG would the 6th gear help that any? It has the Bose stereo system setup and sounds great but I need Bluetooth so am going to swap out the head unit for one, anyone need a head unit shoot an offer as I wont need it after the swap and sitting around might get tossed eventually.
RE2Master is offline   Reply With Quote