Thread: Just Arrived
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #21
PaulE

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Your link isn't working for me. I've seen all the wood and carbon application kits on ebay, but don't want to go that route. Pretty much all the pieces have compound curves and that generally doesn't bode well with a decal. Think the effort to paint them will be better.

As far as price goes, I think I got it for a good price. I had originally contacted this dealership before New Year's to make an offer on a Speed Yellow Cayman S they've had for some time. Thought they might be ready to move it, but we couldn't come to an agreeable price. A cpl wks later he contacted me with this one. They didn't want to take the time to bring it back up to snuff, so he said to make him an offer. At the time I was more interested in a Boxster in Dallas, so I wasn't too interested. I tried to come up with a bid that wouldn't be too insulting but I didn't figure they'd accept. He called me back a half hr later and wanted me to bump my bid by $250. I didn't budge, so he took my offer. However, they have a stupid documentation fee of $300 so that got tacked on (I was aware of it beforehand). And since it was out east, it was too dangerous to fly out and drive it back, so spent another $1K on shipping.

As always, "Edd" needs to keep costs down in order to make a profit for the Wheeler Dealers.
Sorry, I forgot that links were being blocked now! Pelican doesn't even sell these though.
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote