View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 AM   #335
BenWillok

New happy Boxster owner says Hello! :)

Hi Ger,
I just acquired a 986 from 1997 and after following since several months your amazing posts, DIY tuto, comments, etc., I'm just totally over-excited to start making the old lady look young and great again!
But I just don't know where to start, while thinking that the engine and other mechanical parts should have my attention before starting to work on the looks, right?
Problem is that the car is 20 years old, only 65.000 miles and not having been on the road for more than 2 years, except for a few rides within the compound of the car seller (shop seller, not private), which means not more than 3rd gear and 2k rpm
When I got it last Friday and took it on the highway, it wouldn't go higher than 3k rpm and 60 mph, until I used the tiptronic to pass from 5th gear to 4th and create a small bang from the exhaust, hence dusting out all the exhaust line, brutal but effective
Anyway, engine oil is new, that's about all that has been done to the car by the seller
And problem here is that I can't ask Porsche workshop for a checkup and service as the car is older than 10 years and they don't take responsibility for it blablabla usual BS to make you pay extras
And experienced independent Porsche workshops don't exist here either
So, being quite handy, I'm thinking of doing it myself but would greatly appreciate some guidance from you guys!
Well, that's about all I have to say for now, sorry for the long post hahaha
Ben (Belgian guy living in Malaysia)

BenWillok is offline   Reply With Quote